Sunday, February 11, 2007

Pakistan bat first without Afridi

One-day international, Cape Town:
Pakistan v South Africa
Here are the Live Scores.

Afridi was at his blistering best in Pakistan's victory in Durban

South Africa won the toss and put Pakistan in to bat at an overcast Newlands in the fourth one-day match.

With the series tied at 1-1 with two to play after one washout, the hosts were unchanged, without a spinner.

Pakistan are without Shahid Afridi, who received a four-match ban on Saturday for an argument with a spectator.

Left-arm spinner Abdur Rehman takes his place in the last match before both teams have to name their final 15-man World Cup squads.

Herschelle Gibbs, playing his third match back after a ban for racist comments, has urged South Africa to use their last two matches against Pakistan to make sure they are on top form.

"We are all determined to win the next two and make sure our preparations are spot on," he told Bigstarcricket.com.

"I had a rough couple of weeks, but it's all behind me now and I'm feeling good. The team is really starting to click now at the right time."

Gibbs received his ban for comments made about Pakistan fans during the first Test.

"The whole story hasn't come out yet but, to be honest, I don't really want to be dredging it all up any more," he said.

"I've served my time and now I want to get back to my best form and help the team to fulfil our potential.

"My target is to be the player of the tournament at the World Cup and hopefully in a winning side. I have done well there in the past and I'm looking forward to it."

No comments: