Friday, June 08, 2007

Flintoff clears air with Vaughan

Andrew Flintoff says he and Michael Vaughan are at peace with each other following a lunch date on Wednesday.

The pair have dominated cricket's media agenda after the England captain said the all-rounder's "Fredalo" exploits had hurt team spirit at the World Cup.

Lancashire chief executive Jim Cumbes was appalled by Vaughan's remarks, who later claimed to have been misquoted, although tapes suggest otherwise.

And Flintoff said: "Michael and I sat down, had a chat and walked away fine."


Speaking to BBC cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew, he added: "We go back a long way, and have a lot of history on and off the field.

"As far as I'm concerned it's finished. We've done press interviews and this and that.

"I've got utmost trust in him, but it's finished, we move on. I don't want to be talking about things that happened six to eight weeks ago."


The back of the ankle is in perfect shape and they are confident the front will be as well

Flintoff also said he was confident his recovery from ankle surgery last Friday would allow him to bowl at speeds of 88-90mph on a regular basis in the future.

He added: "I'm hoping to play at some stage this summer.

"We're not putting a time frame on it, we'll just see how it goes. One thing I want to do is get the ankle right. I want to get out there and bowl fast again.

"I've had two operations in the back [of the ankle] which aren't related to the latest one I've had.

"The back of the ankle is in perfect shape and they are confident that after this the front will be as well."
Flintoff

Flintoff said he had been watching "a lot of television" during the course of the week, including Cash in the Attic, Bargain Hunt and CBeebies.

No comments: